Here is the process and the result of dress #2. I learned to put in an invisible zipper, a lining, use bias tape for the bottom hem and how to do a slip stitch. I'm probably forgetting some other things I learned but I think you get it. Patterns are a new language in learning. I am excited to make another version of this dress with puffy sleeves (not pirate puffy) but a cute little gather on the top of the sleeve. I will have to create my own pattern for that because the dress pattern does not have a puffy sleeve option. I know, shocking!
Anyhow, here is a collage photo of part of the process and the end result.